Click here to view Global Education Program events happening in this area.
|Event:||November 19-20, 2015 MESA Southern Africa 7th Annual Conference- 50 Shades of MOM|
|Location:||Mellow Oaks, Willowbrook, Roodepoort, South Africa|
The conference theme for Southern Africa this year is "50 Shares of MOM". This theme emphasizes:
The Conference will once again provide a forum for the sharing of learning, presentation of research findings, and discussion of implementation successes. Register for the conference by submitting the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The various ways in which Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) can be implemented
- The various functions/components that form part of the MOM scope of supply (that change from industry to industry depending on legal, environmental, market, process, regulation, customer and business requirements)
- The various ways in which the concept of MOM is being interpreted and defined by users and vendors
- The either beautiful or ugly results of a MOM implementation and then of course
- The human acceptance or rejection of the MOM initiative. It also opens the discussion regarding different or "new" perspectives to information systems that include the use of "Big Data", "Machine to Machine" communications, "Machine Learning", "Data Analytics", "Predictive Analytics", "Pattern Recognition", "Model-based Monitoring and Simulation" and the "Internet of Things".
For more information on the South African Special Interest Group, please contact:
South African Special Interest Group Leader: